Final Fantasy XIV is a part of a franchise that has developed many fantastic games. Many times, users playing on consoles and PCs face FFXIV Error 2002. The error prevents users from connecting to the game and is usually network-connectivity related. See the methods discussed below to solve the problem:
Cause of the FFXIV error 2002:-
The most common cause of this FFXIV error 2002 is that some firewalls, including the Windows Defender Firewall, clog the game to connect with the internet. If you use the console to play a game then you notice one thing that even router’s own firewall clogs the game to connect with the internet.
Apart from this, you can also solve the error by adding your console to DMZ (demilitarized zone) where it can connect freely. WTFast is a tool that also uses to fix this error by uninstalling this.
Allow FFXIV via PC and Router Firewalls (FFXIV error 2002)
Most routers have their own firewalls and their security can also be altered easily. If you have installed a third-party firewall, go to the manufacturer’s website to get details. These steps are for PC users to allow FFXIV through Windows Defender Firewall:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Change the view to Large or Small icons and go to the bottom in to open the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall and select Allow and app or feature through Windows Firewall option from the left side list of options.
- A list of installed apps will appear now.
- Go to the location where you have installed FFXIV and select its main executable.
- Click OK. Restart computer.
If you are not able to solve the issue using above steps or you are a console user, then use below steps:
- Open browser. Enter your Default Gateway number (IP address) into the address bar. Press Enter.
- Open a Command Prompt by searching for “cmd” or “Command Prompt” in the Start menu. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type in the command and scroll down towards the network adapter. Take note of Default Gateway entry
- Enter your username and password to access your router’s interface.
- Locate the Firewall option from the navigation menu. Open the Firewall settings and try setting it to Off or to Minimal Security.
- Save the changes and restart your PC or console.
WTFast is a tool that helps in improving the Internet connection. Many times, it causes many errors like FFXIV error 2002. Uninstall this program if you are also facing this issue.
- Log in with the admin account to prevent uninstalling programs using any other account privileges.
- Click on the Start menu and open Control Panel. Or click on the gear icon in order to open settings if you are using Windows 10.
- In Control Panel, select to View as Category at the top right corner and click on Uninstall a Program from the Programs section.
- In case, you are using the Settings app, click on Apps to open a list of all installed programs on your PC.
- Locate the WTFast entry on the list and click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall WTFast.
- Restart your computer.
Add Your Console to the DMZ
DMZ is the demilitarized zone in your router and allows you to select a certain IP address. Follow all steps to uninstall WTFast. Now, write down the IP address and add it to the DMZ in your router.
- Launch a Web browser and enter your Default Gateway number (IP address) into the address bar.
- Press Enter. Most of the time, the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Go to DMZ option in the Settings tab from your router.
- Select the DMZ option and type the static IP address you assigned to your console.
- After confirming the changes, turn off your router and your console and wait for few minutes.
Follow the steps discussed below, to fix FFXIV error 2002:
- To run the game, you need Internet Explorer web browser for connecting to the internet.
- Go to Internet Explorer. Open the “Tools” setting.
- Click on “Internet Options” to adjust the settings discussed in the next steps.
- Go to the “General” tab. Delete ALL browser history.
- In the “Security” tab, move the slider to the bottom of the settings until you find the option “Medium”
- Go to the “Privacy” tab, and click “Advanced.” Click on ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third-Party Cookies.
- From the “Advanced” tab, check that “Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid” is Checked.
- All SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) should be checked and SL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED.
- Click on “Apply” in order to save the settings. Click OK. Now the Internet Options menu will be closed.
- Go to the FFXIV launcher icon and right-click on it.
- Go to “Properties”
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab. Change the compatibility mode to “Windows 7”
- Click on “Apply”
- Click on “OK” in order to save the changes.
- Now RESTART your PC.
- After your PC is restarted, go to the FFXIV launcher icon and right-click on it.
Select “Run as Administrator”
If still, you face any difficulty, then take the help of customer support. They will help you in solving your problem.
Read more: Skyui error code 5